Early post-WWII tract development, natural gas, utilities

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask a Historian about Saratoga!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Stanley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:52 am      Reply with quote

I'm trying to piece together the story of the first housing tracts in the area after WWII. I know the El Quito tract was built in 1950, and there were several tracts that followed shortly afterwards, but I'm looking for the history of earlier tracts, in the late 1940s. I suppose natural gas and water pipes were put in up Saratoga Ave and Saratoga-Sunnyvale Rd. in the 1940s, but I don't know any specifics. Does anyone know of earlier tracts, or when natural gas was brought to Saratoga, or where Saratoga got its electrical power from immediately after the war, or anything of the San Jose Water Company's expansion of service in the area shortly after the war?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask a Historian about Saratoga! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: