14629 big basin way

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask a Historian about Saratoga!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coloradokimee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote

Hello..
I am very interested in any info or photos that you have of the former structures located at 14629 Big Basin Way. I grew up in that house, and remember it having a historical title of some sort. I was quite saddened when the 2 houses were demolished for the new development which now contain a lawyers office. Mrs. Caldwell(next door) was our landlady.
I also resided at 20626 Komina ave.(at Oak St.) and have just gotten word of the arson fire that demolished that house.
Please let me know of any info that I can find regarding the Big Basin Way property. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote

Dear former Saratogan,
Thanks for your inquiry. To my knowledge, the photo database does not contain a picture of those early little houses in that area on Big Basin Way. We do have images of the early structure just across the street at the corner of 6th Street known as the John Henry House, which is listed in the inventory of historic structures.

I checked the inventory of historic structures called Saratoga Heritage, written and published by the City of Saratoga in January 1993. The two houses that you mention are not listed, although the house at 14605 Big Basin Way, once owned and restored by Mrs. Caldwell, is listed.

We are working to improve the information about our early houses. We would like to know more about the years that you lived in Saratoga. A historic report was recently prepared for the City of Saratoga regarding the house at Komina and Oak that was burned. I feel sure that the City would share the historical information with you in that report if you made a request. The City has its own website and the official in charge of historic reports is Shweta Bhat.
Thanks again for contacting us.
April Halberstadt, Director
Saratoga Museum
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask a Historian about Saratoga! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: