Ghost Activity
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask a Historian about Saratoga!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stocionis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote

We have had substantial 'ghost activity' in our place for almost a year now (since we moved in). I am doing what I can to research the land/building to find out if there were any deaths or other issues with where we live. I am not sure if this/these ghosts are attached to us or the place.....I'm thinking more the place. We have had countless confirmation of their existance in our place, with which we ruled out 'normal' sounds, etc.

If anyone knows anything about the area that we are living on, that would be wonderful. We went to the library and there was nothing listed for our address. It is also hard to find out the past 'deaths' for our residence as well. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Our address in in/on Vineyard Lane, Saratoga, on the north/east side of highway 85, off of Saratoga Avenue.

Sincerely,
Sheryl Baca
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote

That's fascinating.

There are groups that investigate activity like this. In fact one group has spawned a television show that documents their investigations - have you seen Ghost Hunters? http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

Perhaps there is a similar group locally that can help you identify or dispell paranormal activity.
stocionis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the response. We do know about that show and all the others out there like it. They have been helpful with learning about the tactics to observe and how to properly assess it. We have written to them, but without any reply.
We know about the activity and whether they find any themselves is not important to us. We know the spirits/ghosts are there, and that's enough for us. What we want are real answers, that they don't have. We wish there were someone that knew exactly who they were; why they are there, and most important how to truly get rid of them. Ghost Hunters don't seem to have those answers. Clairvoyants that are genuine are hard to come by, and/or expensive. I am just doing what I can, hoping to find some answers somewhere, to the point that I tried this website.

Thanks for the advice though, appreciate it.

Sheryl
BeenHereSince1956

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:09 pm      Reply with quote

Sheryl: Try inquiring at www.mufon.com
I learned about this web-site from a library lecture. I experienced something strange for about 5 seconds on 12/14/04 so I reported it in 5/2008. If you experience something different just let it happen--stay calm.
stocionis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote

Since my last inquiry, we have found out some information.

Our home foundation was constructed in 1851, so it does have a lot of history. From what we were told, there are two spirits in our house. One is an older man named "Springer" from around the 1800's, (he was an educated man named James, who helped write the some city/state laws).

We do not know the last name though, and it's hard to look up any information from so long ago.

We were also told that a young girl named Victoria is also a spirit in our house, who died of Measles. She was the niece of "Springer". We were told that she spent the summers at our house.
bottlehunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:01 pm      Reply with quote

Sheryl,

Hello...

I hope you dont mind me asking,

but I was curious as to what kind of activity is taking place?

If you choose not to reply I will fully understand.

-Kevin Laney

stocionis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote

Dear Kevin,

I don't mind at all, thanks for asking.

Well the MOST significant is that we heard it say something to each of us (husband and I) at different times.
I was cleaning in the bathroom, and when cleaning near the back of the toilet, and I heard it say in a voice, "iewww". And then my husband woke up in the middle of the night, I had most of the covers, it was really cold and it said, "brrrrr". To us, the voice and comments are customary with a child. I have also have the covers slowly be pulled off of me (while home alone) two mornings in a row. Another night, when we were laying in bed, my husband felt the covers over his left foot tug down. I feel my hair getting played with, on three occasions now. We have lots of creeks, pops and wood settling sounds. I would think they were normal settling sounds, but they aren't, because when it is not around, it is crazy quiet. I can sense someone come and stand behind me, my cat looked behind me and shot off of my legs into the other room.
I have also recorded something strange on a digital voice recorder. I left for work set it with new batteries, and when I came home, I played it. As soon as I closed the door and walked off of the porch, I loud strange blaring music with interference comes on and then shuts it off after 20 seconds. This recorder NEVER shuts itself off, new batteries, and they were almost dead when I got home after only 20 seconds of recording. New recorder, can record for over 3 hours.
Hope this explains more........and open for any input.
Sheryl
bottlehunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:44 am      Reply with quote

Sheryl,

Thanks for the reply!

I have had several experiences that are very familiar. Not at my home but one of my friends in Reno Nevada. The covers being pulled,and playing with your hair. Unfortunately it has gotten to the point that it wakes the whole family up by running up and down the hall in the middle of the night,shaking the whole house! I would have never believed it,if I hadn't experienced it myself. When it is in the house...you can literally feel its presence.Every hair on the back of my neck stands up! I am a TRUE believer! Can you tell what kind of music was on the recording? We tried the same thing and got some kind of strange music as well.

I live down the street from you.
Did you feel the earthquake this morning?

-Kevin

stocionis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:11 pm      Reply with quote

Kevin,

Thanks for your comments, helps when I don't feel so alone in my specific experiences. I have befriended our head Priest, and he's a real exorcist. He has 'exorcised' the house......but he also commented that it isn't usually a one shot deal like in the movies. All of those antics you described that your friend experiences and our experiences simulate a child (i.e. running down the hallway, playing with hair). I too can feel it's presence when it is around, more than my husband because I am 'sensitive'. The noises are also a tell tale sign. I'm really not sure what else we can do in this situation besides staying really close to God and praying a lot for protection. It's quite unnerving when it's in the middle of the night, and yes we too have been woken up most nights due to its' activity. I tried a new thing last week, during the night it was so bad, that I said (in my head, not out loud), if this doesn't stop during the night, we WILL MOVE, do you want us to MOVE?? and then it stopped, a complete weird silence. I guess it likes us to stay, which is good, but living with it is just not fun and downright fearful. Esp. when it SPEAKS! and has physical contact. At least this isn't half as bad as the place we lived in before. Thanks for believing me and understanding what it's like.
YES, I did feel the earthquake!!

OH, and the music is some blaring weird....it's like a long time ago having some broadcast news/music coming through huge old speakers (poor quality back then) that would have been outside placed on buildings. Or like in MASH, the tv show....those speakers they show on telephone polls to make announcements and such.

Sheryl
bottlehunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:39 pm      Reply with quote

Sheryl,

I know that this kind of thing brings a lot of mental and emotional stress.
I do believe that staying close to God and praying is your best bet!
You are in my prayers and I wish you the best of luck dealing with your situation.

-Kevin

Jeff Johnson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote

Do you experience any of this activity in the daylight hours?
stocionis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin! Please do! (pray)

Hello Jeff, to answer your question......"Do you experience any of this activity in the daylight hours?"

YES, yes we do......I heard it comment on when I was doing cleaning in the bathroom in the morning around 9am getting ready for work. Voice said, "iewww". I can feel the presence in the bathroom with me when getting ready for work, the shower starts making creaking noises as well, which usually accompanies where it is. Also, I knew it was around in the morning, and set the recorder around 9:00am one morning and I recorded that strange music and it shut the recorder off, I believe.

Also, during the morning, I felt it stand behind me, and then my cat looked behind me and took off running! I have felt it pull my covers off of me two mornings while it was day light. So the day and night don't seem to be a factor in its' activity. I always thought night too, but not in this case.

Sheryl
stocionis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote

There was an article posted.....and in that post, is a comment on the very house we live in.

"One of the city's oldest landmarks, the Springer House on Wildwood Way, dates back to circa 1851." http://www.saratoganews.com/sn-news10.shtml

DOES ANYONE INVOLVED IN THE HISTORICAL SOCIETY KNOW OF ANY OF THE HISTORY OF OWNERSHIP IN THE EARLY YEARS?

Sheryl
BeenHereSince1956

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote

On the Springer home please visit the museum on any of these days: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. The hours are 1pm to 4pm. If you feel you'd rather telephone then try pressing 408-867-4311 and you'll have a reply within 7 days. I work the paper files and I don't have any specific file but there are other people who attend to our local museum.

One other question on your day/night activity: do you get images in any of your wall pictures? I seem to "see" images of human faces unknown to me. One was Arnold Voosloo? in THE MUMMY and then one time the image look sideways (I was on the bed doing something), and then I now see a bald man with 1960 Ray Ban sun glasses looking upward. He reminds me of the old man who advertised a Southern CA vacation spot SIX FLAGS? In my case I'm staying calm 'cause there is no worry. This image could be my guardian angel.

Down to earth and been here since 1956! And please try www.mufon.com to inquire.
stocionis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote

No images that I can see or pick up anywhere in my home. Maybe I haven't been looking for them. Really interesting that you do though and lots of them. Our activity was pretty loud the other night, and was on the porch a lot, which is rare. I still fell asleep and then woke up to a large limb from our HUGE oak tree near the front of our place just broke off and slammed on the ground. Boy was THAT scary!
We do plan on going to the museum, we walk by it every night on our walks. Thanks for your comments and advice. Good luck with your activity. God Bless.
Sheryl
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask a Historian about Saratoga! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: