Saratoga Movie Theatre ("Vitaphone" Saratoga)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask a Historian about Saratoga!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary Parks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote

Hello. I'm brand new to this forum. I am a longtime historian of South Bay movie theatres and am in the middle of writing a new Arcadia Publishing title, "Theatres of San Jose," in which I write and photodocument the classic stage and movie theatres from the late 19th through mid-20th Centuries in San Jose and the cities and towns immediately adjacent.
At this point I have only one photo of the little Saratoga Theatre that was on Big Basin Way, a photo (and a very good one) I took in 1982 not long before its closure and subsequent demolition.
I would like to have at least one more--hopefully a vintage one--to include in my book, as I know this theatre was a well-loved local institution, particularly in its later years with its classic film policy under Pat and Vi Moore.
I am willing and happy to pay whatever duplication and publishing fees are appropriate. All materials must be with my Editor by early January.
Thanks so much,
Gary Lee Parks
Western Regional Director, Theatre Historical Society of America
[/i]
chucksch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote

Hello Gary,

We have at least one picture of the old Saratoga Theater in our Museum photo archives. I will reply to your request from my personal email address to start the process to satisfy your request.

Best regards,

Chuck Schoppe
chucksch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote

Gary, please email chuck@saratogahistory.com with your email address.
Chuck Schoppe
coloradokimee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:15 am      Reply with quote

I grew up in an old house on Big Basin Way and spent many many nights in that movie theater. I loved the cats walking freely across the screen and in the isles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask a Historian about Saratoga! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: