WW2 Veterans Panel, Sunday 12/7/2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Public General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeenHereSince1956

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote

The Saratoga History Museum engaged a few local citizens, as well as those veterans involved during war, in oral reports and Q&A. There was a panel of expert men, one was my Pop, who discussed a bit of the war feeling and sense of duty. This event was filmed too.

There was also refreshments: home-made tempting cookies and a few more appetizers as well as apple cider. My Pop was happy to attend because he gets a chance to hear from other men he never met in the war. This event is also remembered well due to the fact that 12/7/1941 was on a Sunday. There are no doubt books written from the men who served also; one my Pop told us kids about is GORE AND GLORY. On a very personal note, my Pop celebrated his 90th this day.

Well done event Very Happy
I understand this museum is exhibiting other wars and their facts very soon.
Jeff Johnson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote

From Annette Stransky:

Quote:
The Veteran's Panel on Sunday December 7 at the Museum was literally standing room only. We had over 70 plus people attend---young and old. Ray Cosyn did a great job as moderator. Panelists included Ed Vincent, John Monjar, Els Welch and Jack Thompson who held everyone's attention as they talked about their wartime experiences. Willys Peck spoke about life in Saratoga during WWII. Many veterans in the audience contributed their stories. Nancy Anderson served memorable WWII fare including chipped beef dip, Spam, and egg sandwiches....which drew an appreciative chuckle.!! The big band sounds of Glenn Miller provided background music as people looked at the World War II exhibit. The event was filmed and KSAR is eager to receive it. Feedback from those attending said it was wonderful.
Annette Stransky
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Public General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: