R House Visit, February 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Public General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeenHereSince1956

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:28 pm      Reply with quote

Visiting the R House or Rengstorff House in Mtn. View was fun today! We toured the inside and saw the renovation and learned about the family. This house was built around 1867 and was restored in 1991. There is a landmark sign posted about a mile from this house. A landmark sign tells you where something was physically located a long time ago. You also get a chance to see other successful family homes--on a visual aid--detailing which homes you could telephone in this city. All of these other homes are now gone.

I noticed in another visual aid two words "meum and tuum." Defined from another web-site: "Lit., mine; that which is mine; - used in the phrase meum et tuum, or meum and tuum; as, to confound meum and tuum, to fail to distinguish one's own property from that of others; to be dishonest. Ancestors . . . generally esteemed more renowned for ancient family and high courage than for accurately regarding the trifling distinction of meum and tuum. - Sir W. Scott."

The R House can be also viewed via: www.r-house.org

Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Public General Discussion All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: