Casa Tierra (Florence Ayscough Memorial interior)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask a Historian about Saratoga!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LindsayShen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:42 pm      Reply with quote

Hello - I'm a China-based historian researching the life of sinologist Florence Ayscough. She was a friend of Maude Meagher who built Casa Tierra 15231 Quito Rd. In 1946 a memorial room was created in Casa Tierra containing Ayscough's Chinese collections. I'm trying to track down images of this room. Can anyone give me assistance?
Thank you!
Lindsay Shen
Katie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote

Hi Lindsay,
I am a volunteer here and just happened upon your message. I suspect our regular reviewer is on vacation.
Luckily, I am the person most familiar with the photo archive that we have at Saratoga Historical Museum. I could not find any photos of the Chinese artifacts at Casa Tierra either in our database or in our files. We have a booklet which contains a few photos of the house under construction, but nothing of the interior.
I don't know what to suggest to find a picture. History San Jose has quite a large collection, so you might try there. Or perhaps a friend of the owners would have something.
Sorry for the slow response.
And Good Luck with your search.
Katie Alexander
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    SHF Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Ask a Historian about Saratoga! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: